Thursday, February 23, 2012

TOP TEN SCENES AND PITCHES

Whew, this was hard.  So many great little gems.  All of the scene writers get a cool little prize package and are semifinalists. There are technically only four semifinalists in the pitch category but I wanted to honor a top ten list because there were so many captivating stories here.  I will see what I can do to find something to offer all ten before I narrow it down to the four winners.

I am aiming to pick all the winners by the end of the month but give me a day or two of leeway.  I will post an update here, on our Facebook page and in the Email that goes out this week announcing these results.

Thanks again to all who entered and congratulations to those who advanced.  I am honored to have been able to immerse myself in your work.  I will send you some offers that might make it pretty easy to come out to the Champion Lab.  

TOP TEN PITCHES

Chasing Losses by Graham Calvert
Heaven-Sent by John Leary & Alison McMahan
King of Kings by Nellie Meyers
Miss Old Freshman by Ashley Spears
No Cigs in Space by Sundae Jahant-Osborn
Payback's a Bitch by Deprise Brescia
Seeing Red by Sundae Jahant-Osborn
Special Needs by Geoff Inverarity
The Bounty by Vishaal Desai
Yellow Trees by Aimee Condayan
  

TOP TEN SCENES

All the Wrong Places (poetry scene) by Sean Connolly
Bad Pistachio by Daisy Ho
Betrayal Consultants by Daisy Ho
Bump Off by Nellie Myers
Revolution by Derek Coleman and Kimberly Coleman
Sister Secrets by Alison McMahan
Taking Up Serpents by Cash Anthony
The Café Society by Millar Prescott
The Free and the Brave by Ed Rathje
Warrior Soul by Jim Kenney

2 comments:

  1. It'll be May tomorrow. Any news???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm really wondering if there will be an update...

    ReplyDelete